YOUR WEEKLY GUIDE TO WEEKENDS IN WAYNESVILLE, NC!
There are always so many fun things to do in Waynesville, North Carolina on the weekends! Our guests at Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed and Breakfast are never bored! This Labor Day weekend 2017 is no exception. From live music and entertainment to beer and wine tours to waterfall hikes and Blue Ridge Parkway drives, there is something for everyone! With so many great options, I know it’s going to be a tough decision but here are your choices in no particular order:
- The Classic Wineseller has dinner and live music every Friday and Saturday night. This weekend you can catch Bob Zullo on Friday night and the classic sounds of Joe Cruz on Saturday night.
- Start the weekend off with a stroll down Main Street for “ART after DARK” in downtown Waynesville. Participating galleries & studios remain open until 9 pm with special artist’s showings, displays, and refreshments. Look for Waynesville Gallery Association flags.
- Thursday August 31st – 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. – Asheville River Arts District tour by Leap Frog Tours . Get behind the scenes in the popular “RAD” district in Asheville. The tour includes lunch and transportation to and from Waynesville.
- Saturday September 2nd – 12:00 pm. to 5:00 pm – Asheville Beer Tour by Leap Frog Tours – Enjoy a fun day exploring 3 different breweries in Asheville! The tour includes a flight or pint at each brewery and beer education along with round-trip transportation from Waynesville.
- Any night this weekend enjoy the cool mountain nights from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm with the History, Haunts and Legends walking tour of downtown Waynesville. Make reservations through Leap Frog Tours.
- Spend the day exploring Waterfalls in Pisgah National Forest and along the Blue Ridge Parkway! There are more than 250 waterfall hikes to choose from within an hour of Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed and Breakfast! Or venture into The Great Smoky Mountain National Park, just 20 miles from Oak Hill!
- SMOKY MOUNTAIN FOLK FESTIVAL – Sept. 1st and 2nd at Lake Junaluska. Tickets are $12. Call 828-452-1688.
- Frog Level Brewing has fun events planned all Labor Day weekend. Live Music Friday night and all day Saturday as well as “Tie Dye by the Creek” – sounds like fun to me!
- Last but not least…my favorite activity in Waynesville: relax by the fire pit or on the mountain view porch at Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed and Breakfast!