Those of use at Oak Hill on Love Lane would like you all to know that our hearts go out to each and every person, family and community impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. It has been a scary and uncertain time, and we truly appreciate all that Haywood County officials have been doing to keep our community safe and healthy.
Although being closed is taking an emotional and financial toll, we fully understand the need to hunker down in order to keep everyone healthy. Health must come first. We are looking forward to re-opening when our officials think that it is safe to do so, and we cannot wait to see both new and familiar faces once again.
During this time of heightened caution, we will be implementing some new procedures upon reopening to ensure the safety of both our guests and our staff. Some may change as the county reopens and gives us new guidelines. Until we hear otherwise, these are the changes we are planing:
- Limit the number of people who will be allowed to stay at the inn at one time
- Serve breakfast either in guest rooms or outside to maintain safe distances
- Although all dishes are sanitized, guests may request disposable dishes
- Staff will wear gloves and masks to cook, serve and clean until the state deems it safe to go without
- We will be happy to provide a hot breakfast, but, if you prefer we will make an on the go breakfast the is minimally handled by us.
- In addition to regular cleaning and disinfecting, we will be steam cleaning all common use surfaces, soft furniture, pillows, curtains and hard surfaces when possible between room uses.
Luckley , as the people who have visited before will attest, each season in Western North Carolina offers its own special kind of beauty, and we hope to see you again once it is safe to reopen and as we all return to our “new normal.”
Stay well, stay safe and stay in touch!