As North Carolina cautiously reopens for business, and being a bit more cautious than some, I am taking reservations by phone only, and the earliest available date is Friday May 22, 2020. Late spring is a great time to visit the North Carolina Mountains. Many of the flowers are in bloom, and the view of the foggy Smoky Mountains in the morning from the porch of Oak Hill On Love Lane is breath taking. The days are warmer, the nights still cool, the perfect weather for hiking.
Time to get out and about again…safely.
For many of us, although we are still worried about our safety and the safety of others, cabin fever has set in after weeks of “sheltering in place” and the desire to get away, enjoy a change of scenery and to replenish our spirits is strong. Of course, the COVID-19 pandemic is not yet over, and the idea of traveling must be tempered with a degree of pragmatism and caution. The best thing about staying at a B&B like Oak Hill On Love Lane is its size. We are a small inn where you will not be encountering crowds.
Realistically, as much as we wish that things are getting back to normal they are not, it will be a while before we go back to business as usual and the usual may look different in the future. Luckily most of the roads, parks and trails are open, but you will see some restrictions posted. Until we enter Phase 2 of reopening the bars, theaters, hairdressers etc. remain closed and restaurants are only allowed to provide take-out service. On the plus side we have very innovative people in the area, so in a back to the future move, one of our movie theaters is going to temporarily open as a drive-in on the weekends. We at Oak Hill On Love Lane will also be taking special precautions during the whole time the threat of COVID-19 persists. We care about protecting the safety and health of our guests, staff and the community.
First and foremost we will continue to focus on safety and hygiene. Our cleaning routine before Covid-19 was very high, but now we will be adding more steps. We have always cleaned all hard surfaces with commercial grade disinfectant. We have always sanitized our sheets, blankets, towels and table linens by washing, to which we will be adding uv-c light sanitizing. Our kitchen and food service regularly received a 100% health inspection rating. In addition to this, while the risk of COVID-19 persists we will implement the following changes:
- We will provide hand sanitizer in our public areas and in the rooms
- We will be disinfecting all commonly-used public surfaces more frequently
- Quarantining rooms between guest stays.
- Providing breakfast in your room or outside
- You will have to option to request disposable plates and cutlery.
- We are suspending the normal daily room refresh to minimize cross-contamination. Instead we will replenish towels and amenities, and remove trash etc. on request.
Part of the joy of staying in a bed and breakfast is the experience of interacting with other guests and the owners. However, as mandated by the Governor, and because we want you to feel safe and comfortable, some social-distancing will be necessary for the time being. For instance:
- We will offer contactless check-in and check-out
- We may restrict room allocation to avoid close contact between guests on stairs and hallways
- We will be serving breakfast at individual tables separated by 6’ or greater
- We will be replacing self-service morning coffee in the common areas with Keurig in your rooms or we can bring fresh made coffee or tea with your breakfast
COVID-19 additional policies and guest responsibilities
We ask that you inform us upon booking, or immediately after you become aware, that:
- You are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last three weeks
- You have been in contact with anyone exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19, or who has tested positive for COVID-19
- You are under COVID-19 quarantine
- You are traveling from a location under a current “stay home” or “stay in place” order
We ask that you adhere to any hygiene and social distancing requirements required by local orders during your visit and any additional requirements that Oak Hill On Love Lane believes may be necessary to help safeguard the health of our guests, staff and community.
Due to overall supply shortages. We ask that you please bring with you any PPE necessary for your stay.
Oak Hill On Love Lane is taking as many measures as possible to address hygiene and social distancing in order to protect our guests, staff and community from COVID-19. However, due to the nature of this illness, its method of transmission and the difficulty in early diagnosis, we cannot guarantee your complete safety. We are therefore unable to accept any liability for infection by COVID-19 that may occur as a result of your stay with us. You therefore must confirm that your stay at Oak Hill On Love Lane is at your own risk in relation to COVID-19.